Women in Law @ University
The Women in Law Initiative (WiL) is offering the course “Women in Legal Professions – Contemporary Issues” at the University of Vienna and at WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) to analyze the current situation of women in legal professions. The course raises awareness in female* students and male* allies for challenges and obstacles women* face in their legal careers. It is a unique opportunity to focus systematically on these issues.
– bias: conscious or unconscious – creating awareness and dealing with it
– flexibility and agility: strengths and weaknesses of modern working environments
– diversity / inclusion / intersectionality: going beyond gender
– threats: physical and mental health, multiple responsibilities, etc.
– reaching the top: overcoming obstacles on the way to partner, director, board
The courses are organized by the Department for Legal and Constitutional History (University of Vienna Law School) / Department for Civil and Civil Procedure Law (Vienna University of Economics and Business ) and The Women in Law Initiative, and is kindly supported by Alix Frank Rechtsanwälte GmbH.
It is open to law students of all levels, students from other faculties may attend upon permission.